Thursday, February 12, 2009

day 6 & 7, driving (late, I know)

I left Mississippi ready to get back home. I really don't miss it anymore. There's nothing there for me to go back to. I have such a great life here and so many things going on.
Driving was one of the worst ordeals of my life. We started the 4th at 6:30 am and drove till i couldn't drive anymore, which was about 8:30 that night. We only stopped for gas and bathroom breaks. That night we stayed in an over priced best western about 2 hours before Amarillo, TX.
The next day we started at about the same time. We didn't get in Bullhead till about 9ish that night and it was a grueling ordeal to make it. I was so physically and mentally tired at that point, it was unbelievable.
The jeep did very well. It had really good gas mileage and didn't have any malfunctions or anything.
I've been home for almost a week and I'm really glad to be back. I'm really glad to have a vehicle again after so long.

After 27 years of life, I feel like I'm starting to get to where I've wanted to be in life for a long time. I have a vehicle, a steady job that I've stuck with, a worship ministry that i'm working on, a wonderful girl who wants to marry me, and I'm looking into getting an apartment soon. There's still alot of uncertainty but I know I'm in a good place.

Music:

Before the venture back I bought 2 cd's because I knew my fm transmitter for my ipod wouldn't last. I purchased Stick To Your Guns, Comes From The Heart cd, and also the new A Day To Remember, Homesick.
I had originally wrote off STYG but their new cd is very good. Very heavy but a little too much melody in places kinda throws off the balance. It was very much hardcore, in the vein of Terror (guest vocals from Scott Vogel helped I'm sure), but the singing parts made it sound like a metalcore/screamo cd. Good cd, but won't be in my constant rotation.
If you liked ADTR before, this new cd will make you loved them. Its very much the same formula, pop-punk/hardcore/heavy breakdowns, but their are alot more poppy singing parts and less heavy parts, but the heavy parts are much heavier. Choruses are very catchy and memorable and the breakdowns sound much like Recon. This cd helped make my trip back a little more pleasant.
When I got back I also purchased David Crowder's live Remedy cd/dvd. I love David Crowder's stuff. His passion and originality are things that I really love and I look up to him, being a worship leader myself. This cd has been in pretty constant rotation for the last week. I'd really love to be able to do alot of the stuff he does with electric guitar and synths in my church.


Anyways I hope you maybe check out David Crowder's new cd, and the A Day To Remember also. Stick To Your Guns, not so much

No comments: