Sunday, February 1, 2009

day 3

Well today was a bit rough.
I have come to realize that my mother isn't the same. She's changed a lot since I've been gone and I am pretty sure that's not a good thing. We've ended up butting heads but I didn't lose my cool.
My old church has grown and all the people I grew up with have grown up, got married, and are having kids. Its a little surreal. Its hard to think of us as all grown up. I remember going on easter egg hunts on easter with some of them when I was 3 or 4, I went to youth group and school with them. To see them as adults is a little odd.
The worship team at my old church is insane. Its almost like watching hillsong united. They are so professional, organized, and talented. I don't want to become envious but its a little hard. I wish I could have worship like that with my team but it can happen with time. I do remember when they didn't even have a worship team.

Anyways, I am sort of missing this place; not enough to leave arizona, that is my home. I am ready to come home though.
The thought of driving back is wearing on my mind but I'm trusting that it will be ok. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this. Its exciting and nerve racking all at the same time.

In the meantime, I'm reading Blue Like Jazz and enjoying it very much.

No comments: