Sunday, January 4, 2009

another year

As I got older it just seems like the days, weeks, months, and years get shorter and shorter.
Every year I find it a little funny how people make resolutions that they never keep and say that this year will be better than the last.
Maybe I'm just a little jaded but it feels like every year is the same.
The Bible says there's nothing new under the sun.
We put our trust in a new year for our lives to change or we put our trust in a politician to bring change but in the end we are dissapointed because everything ends up the same.
I don't want to say life is mundane but I can be sometimes if we are looking for a lot of exciting events to happen. Life is lived in the everyday, not with a lot of high points and will be exciting if you look for all the little things.
I'm hoping with this new year I become closer and more in love with Jesus. Real change only comes through him though, not through a new year or change in the political world. Look more for His mericies which are new every morning.

No comments: